Fruit Salad Recipes

Fruit salad recipes don't have to be fancy or made with a large number of different ingredients. Just cutting up an apple and putting it on a plate or in a bowl can be enough to call it a fruit salad.

Of course you probably want to make something a little more interesting and that's where we will start.

Let's go back to that bowl of sliced apple for a second and add a couple spoonfuls of yogurt to it. Now we have something that makes that apple a day a little more enticing.
If you were to add a sliced up banana you would have my favorite breakfast here:

When I make a fruit salad I simply go to the grocery store and buy 1 or 2 of a variety of different fruits. I like to really mix it up with citrus, berries, melons, apples, bananas, peaches, and whatever else I can find. I sometimes mix fresh and canned fruits which gives the salad lots of extra juice.

For the salad pictured here I used:

1 grapefruit
2 oranges
2 bananas
6 large strawberries-sliced
2 nectarines
honeydew melon balls from 1/2 of a melon

Keep salad in the refrigerator covered with clear plastic wrap. This salad should be eaten within 1 day as some of the ingredients will get mushy and brown over time.

You can serve this salad as is or dress it with a whipped topping, yogurt, or instant pudding.